Is Installing Wireless N WiFi Repeater Hard For You?
Executing the WiFi repeater setup process successfully is difficult for a number of users who have recently purchased the Wireless N WiFi repeater. Are you one of them? It might be because you followed the wrong setup instructions.
In this guide, you will find the right instructions through which you will surely be able to achieve Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup success. So, let us get started!
WHAT IS IN PACKAGE?
|Wireless-N WiFi Repeater or Extender||Quick Installation Guide|
|RJ-45 Ethernet Cable||3 Interchangeable Wall Plugs|
Wireless-N WiFi Repeater Setup
- Find a working wall socket in your home and plug the extender into it.
- Press the power button on the range extender to turn it on.
- Connect the Wireless N WiFi repeater to your computer using an RJ-45 Ethernet cable.
Configure your system’s IP address to be in the same network domain with the repeater.
IP Address: 192.168.10.x (x=any number from 2-254)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.10.1
DNS Server Addresses: Leave blank
- Open an internet browser and enter 192.168.10.1 into the address bar or the URL field.
- Press the ENTER key on your keyboard.
- Soon you will be asked to enter the PASSWORD and USER NAME.
- Click the OK button in order to proceed further.
- Follow the steps given below to complete the setup either in repeater or AP mode.
REPEATER MODE CONFIGURATION
This mode helps one to extend the existing network in hard-to-reach places:
- Click Setup Wizard > Repeater Mode.
- Hit NEXT.
- Select REPEATER – ONEKEY SETTING.
- Choose the desired wireless network.
- Click the NEXT button.
- Enter the Pre-Shared Key in the field.
- Click the Apply & Reboot button.
- Then, select the OK button.
- The SETUP status will be CONNECTED.
AP MODE CONFIGURATION
This mode is known to give a non-WiFi connection to the Wireless-N capabilities:
- In the menu, click SETUP WIZARD.
- Select Standard Wireless AP MODE.
- Click the Next button.
- Select AP – ONEKEY SETTNG.
- Click SECURITY on the side bar.
- Type the password and click APPLY.
- Connect the extender to the router.
- Use an Ethernet cable to pair them.
- Repeater is ready for connection.
Still Can’t Configure Wireless N WiFi Repeater?
Despite following the correct Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup instructions, in case you are still not able to configure your networking device, then it might be because of these four reasons:
|You Are Using An Outdated Internet Browser||Your Computer Is Infected With Viruses|
|The RJ-45 Ethernet Cable Is Damaged||You Have Skipped A Step Or Two|
Read the fixes given further in order to resolve the 192.168.10.1 WiFi repeater setup issues.
REPLACE RJ-45 ETHERNET CABLE
If you are trying configure the Wireless N repeater in AP mode, then make sure that you are using a damage-free Ethernet cable. In case, the one currently in use is damaged, then it is recommended that you get it replaced with a new one right away.
USE AN UPDATED INTERNET BROWSER
Whichever web browser you are using right now is probably running on its outdated version. To reverse this, you need to update the internet browser to its latest version. For this, you need to access the Settings menu of your internet browser.
GET RID OF VIRUSES
Another fix that can help you to get rid of the setup issues is to make your computer virus-free. The same can be done if antivirus software is installed on your computer. You can either install the McAfee Antivirus Software or Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.
AVOID SKIPPING ANY STEP
At last, make sure that you are not skipping any step while executing the setup process. Given this, follow the instructions mentioned above and try to install your wireless range extender once again. This time you will surely be able to extend your existing network.