Victony WiFi Extender Troubleshooting 5 Common Issues
Victony WiFi range extender is meant to help you extend the existing WiFi range in the home. You might experience various issues during the initial setup and after the setup is completed. Lack of proper knowledge and understanding of the device is the major reason behind users getting the issues. Apart from this, as the Victony extender is a technical device, it is expected to cause certain issues just like every other device does. This blog will guide you through Victony WiFi extender troubleshooting steps for 5 common issues that Victony extender users often report.
Victony WiFi Extender Troubleshooting Tips
Issue 1: Why Can’t I Perform Victony WiFi Extender Setup?
Solution:If you are experiencing then you need to do the following:
- The connection between the extender and router should be secure.
- Check the Ethernet cable that you have used to connect the router to the extender. It should not be damaged and should be connected properly to the devices.
- If you have connected the extender to the router wirelessly, then make sure that the extender is placed within the router’s range.
- The power supply as well as the internet connection should be optimum while you are executing the Victony WiFi extender setup process.
- You ought to use a PC that is running on the latest version of the operating system to avoid Victony WiFi extender setup issues.
- Always use an updated web browser to complete the setup process.
- Make sure you are using the correct login details and typing them without mistakes in the respective fields.
Issue 2: I am Unable to Access the Victony Login Page. Help!
Solution: Are you unable to reach the login page of your Victony WiFi range extender? Here is what you need to do for Victony WiFi extender troubleshooting this issue:
- Check the power supply to the Victony range extender.
- Also, check the internet connection to the extender and the accessing device.
- The login web address should be entered into the URL bar and not the search bar of the extender.
- Use the correct login password without any typos. Check the Caps Lock key before entering the credentials.
- Use a PC and browser that are updated to the latest version.
- Reboot the Victony WiFi extender and try accessing the login page.
Issue 3: Victony WiFi Extender Firmware Update Failed. What to Do?
Solution: Trying to update the firmware on the Victony extender but failing to get through the process. Do this:
- Do not interrupt the process by doing any background activities on the PC while the firmware is getting installed on the extender.
- Use a UPS in the event of power outages. There should be an adequate power supply to the extender while the firmware is getting updated. Power fluctuations may lead to firmware corruption.
- Download the correct firmware file for the Victony extender model that you own.
- Reboot the Victony WiFi extender and again try to update the firmware.
- Reset your extender if the firmware is not getting updated at all. After resetting to factory settings, set it up again and then try installing the latest firmware.
Issue 4: After I Reset Victony Extender, it Stopped Working. What to Do?
Solution: You may need to reset your device Victony WiFi extender troubleshooting any serious issues. Or if you are not happy with the current configuration settings and want a new start, you can reset Orbi. The extender may stop working after the reset process. Try the tips highlighted below to fix the problem:
- Perform a power cycle process by turning the Victony extender off and turning it on after some time.
- After the reset is completed, you need to set it up again from scratch. Use the instructions given in the Victony WiFi extender manual that you got along with the device.
- Connect the extender to the optimum power supply.
- Check the connection between the extender and router.
- Update its firmware to the latest version.
Issue 5: Why is My Victony WiFi Extender Giving Slow Internet?
Solution: Getting poor or slow Internet signals from the Victony WiFi extender can be troublesome. You can try fixing the issue by using the tips given below:
- Bring the Victony WiFi extender closer to the host router if they are connected via a wireless medium.
- It is better to connect the extender to the router using an Ethernet cable as this way there are fewer chances of signal dropping.
- Check the power socket into which the extender is plugged. It should not be damaged.
- Relocate the extender and place it in the central and open location of the home.
- Choose a higher shelf for the extender.
- Avoid placing it near other networking devices, transmitting devices, reflexive surfaces and home appliances.
- Update the firmware of the extender to the most recent version.
- Change the WiFi channel.
- Choose a better WiFi band.
So, this is all about the Victony WiFi extender troubleshooting 5 common issues that you might face with your device. If you want to get advanced troubleshooting tips regarding any issue with your Victony extender, reach out to our experts.