Thorough-Guide On WiFi Extender vs Booster
WiFi extender vs booster! If you want to know the difference between WiFi extender and booster, then this guide will help you in a most efficient manner. Yes! Here, we have provided some of the useful information that with tell you the comparison between WiFi extender and booster so that you can choose the best device for. Let’s dig a little deeper and know which device is the best. Keep reading the post!
What’s In This Post?
- This particular post includes the difference between WiFi extender/ repeater and booster
- Information on how a repeater works
- Tips to cover blind spot of your house
- Instructions to install repeater
- What to do if repeater/ extender stops working suddenly
A WiFi range extender is also known as wireless/ WiFi repeater. When you are done with Wireless-N WiFi repeater setup, you will get access to the extended WiFi range and coverage in every nook and cranny of your house.
How it Works?
The WiFi repeater or range extender works by receiving WiFi signals of your host router and amplifies it, and then transmits the boosted WiFi signals on your connected devices. Undoubtedly, you can effectively double the WiFi range and coverage of your WiFi network.
Why Wireless-N WiFi Repeater?
You might be wondering why we have mentioned a particular brand, Wireless-N WiFi repeater here, right? Wonder no more! This brand is only used here for an example. Our motive is to make you familiar with the difference between WiFi repeater and booster. So, you can consider any brand of repeater and booster after knowing the difference between them.
WiFi Extender vs Booster
Look, there is no major difference between WiFi range extender/ repeater, and booster. All of them are mostly same. The devices are meant to improve the WiFi coverage of your network. So, there is no comparison between them. Some manufacturers of the devices describe “repeater” as “extender”, and some “extender” as “booster”. But, trust us, they work in the same way.
Tips to Cover Blind Spots of Your House?
Users! There are a couple of important points that you must consider before opting for a WiFi device. If you want to cover blind spots of your house, then Wireless-N WiFi repeater is one of the best devices to consider. And, to get high-speed internet to access even in those corners of your house where WiFi was never expected before, then try installing the repeater/ extender in closer location of your host router.
If installing the repeater closer to your host router doesn’t help you getting the WiFi range in dead zones, then possibilities are your router needs to be updated. On the off chance, you have a router that is two generations old, and updating router’s firmware doesn’t help, then upgrading to a more powerful model will truly help.
How to Install a WiFi Repeater?
It has been mentioned already that there is no big difference between the devices. But, the installation process can be different, expect the basic steps. So, we will provide here the basic steps for the installation of your repeater or booster that will take you halfway to the set up/ installation process.
Let’s dive in!
- Plug in your WiFi repeater/ extender or booster to a working power socket.
- Upon plugging in the WiFi device, then LEDs on it will start blinking rapidly. Wait for it to become stable.
LEDs activity may depend upon the device make and model you have and also the lights color flashing on them.
- Connect your repeater/ extender or booster to router via Ethernet cable. Kindly have access to a working cable. Otherwise, you may experience connectivity issues between them.
- Open a web browser of your choice on a computer or laptop. Once done, make a connection between it (computer or laptop) and repeater or booster wirelessly. You can also make wired source between them. But, for this, you must have access to one more cable.
- Input the default IP of your WiFi device in the URL field, and press Enter key.
The IP address varies upon the device you are installing.
- Thus, the setup page of your repeater or booster will display.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
What if Repeater or Booster Stop Working?
There is nothing to get worried if your WiFi repeater or booster stops working all of sudden. To make it working again, you just need to restart it by unplugging it from its respective wall socket, wait for 4-5 minutes, and then, plug it back in again.
Why restarting? The reason is, your repeater or booster is prone to overheating. And, this could be the reason why it has stopped working for you. So, if you face this same issue in future, just restart your device once again.
The Last Words
If you are an internet lover, then you need to install an extender or booster in your home. Actually, there is no difference between them. And, this you have already come to know via reading this post, right?
Our blog on WiFi extender vs booster comes to an end here. Anticipating that you find the information we have provided here was helpful.