Signal Tech WiFi Booster: Setup And Troubleshooting Tips
Signal repeaters, range extenders and WiFi tech boosters are network devices that are used to expand and boost the home WiFi signals. There are signal tech WiFi boosters that you can also use to give booster to your router’s WiFi signals reach.
We will provide you simple to understand the Signal WiFi booster setup process which you can complete via its login URL, like Wireless-N repeater interface login myrepeater.net.
But at first you will go through easy to apply and follow troubleshooting tips that help you to dispel any problem related to booster. After that, we’ll start the hardware setup and setting configuration processes.
Troubleshooting Tips: Signal Tech WiFi Booster
There are many troubleshooting tips that you should apply to complete your booster setup without facing any issue and make your network secure.
- Before placing your booster near your router, make sure there is no electronic device near the chosen location.
- If your new signal tech WiFi booster is a plug-in network device, then don’t plug it in a wall socket, which is far from the router.
- Don’t use a damaged Ethernet cable to connect with your home WiFi router.
- You must use a wired connected internet device like computer or laptop to log in to the booster’s interface.
It is a similar device like range extender and signal repeater, so its setup is just like the other expanders. Let’s take a look how you can install it in your house.
Note: It is advisable that you should follow every tip and steps that will see down given sections carefully. If you are not following these, you can face technical issues like booster is not working or interface is not reachable.
Hardware Setup: Signal Tech WiFi Booster
Most of the boosters give option to connect wirelessly with the router. But, here in this section we will give information about both. Let’s start with connection through the Ethernet cable.
Through Ethernet Cable
- Place your signal tech WiFi booster close to the router.
- Find booster’s WAN port and router’s LAN port.
- Use Ethernet cable and insert it into the located ports.
- Turn on the router and booster by plugging it into a wall socket and pressing power button.
Through WPS Button
- If your router and booster have WPS button then you can easily connect both devices wirelessly.
- At first turn both the networking devices. Find the WPS button on the devices.
- Hit the WPS button on the router first and then press the button on booster.
- Both the devices will link to each other automatically.
After establishing connection between the signal tech WiFi booster and your home router, you have to update the settings and networks.
Setting Configuration: Signal Tech WiFi Booster
You can manage the settings and networks by going into the web interface via the booster’s assigned IP address like 192.168.1.1 or its login URL. So, let’s start this accessing the booster’s interface process.
- You have to connect your computer or laptop by using a LAN cable.
- Then, start the computer and search booster’s assigned IP address.
- You can find the IP on the label of the device. You will also see login credentials under the IP.
- Use this IP to reach the booster’s interface login page.
- Then, type in the login details (username and password) and reach to the interface dashboard.
Here you can adjust the settings and update the new networks. You can also update your booster’s system firmware, add or change the admin password and enable or disable features from this interface dashboard.
There are difference between signal tech WiFi booster, range extender and signal repeaters. You easily differentiate all the devices from booster vs WiFi repeater vs extender page.
The End Lines
You have reached at the last lines of this blog, which have provided full information about the signal tech WiFi booster. We have shared simple to follow troubleshooting tips at the start of the blog. After tips, we have added two more section that explains how to complete the signal tech WiFi booster. Hope, you have made your mind to purchase a new WiFi booster and want to experience boosted internet services in your home.