Nextbox N300 Wireless-N Extender Setup
The Nextbox WiFi range extenders are known to provide impeccable internet connection. The Nextbox N300 wireless extender boosts the existing router network and expands it to remove WiFi dead zones. It is one of the most preferred devices to do away with the hard-to-access internet spots. That is why people prefer setting up this device. The Nextbox N300 wireless-N extender setup process is awfully easy. However, users often get stuck while setting up their Nextbox WiFi range extenders. Walk through this detailed guide about the Nextbox range extender setup. This particular blog will help you out to get the setup process done in a hassle-free manner.
The setup of the Nextbox N300 WiFi range extender can be done by using the web browser method or WPS button. We are going to discuss both methods below.
Nextbox N300 Wireless-N Extender Setup via Web Browser
If you wish to set up your Nextbox N300 wireless extender using the web browser method, then here are the easy-to-perform steps:
- First of all, unbox your brand-new Nextbox wireless range extender. Keep carefully the user manuals, accessories, power adapters, etc. that came in the box.
- Now, insert the power adapter into the Nextbox N300 extender. Plug it into an active and undamaged power socket and switch on the power button. Ensure a non-fluctuating power supply while setting up the device.
- Wait till the LEDs on the Nextbox extender get stable. Then, get hold of an Ethernet cable. You might have received it along with the extender in the box. Make sure that you use a damage-free cable.
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the Nextbox range extender and the other end into the router. Ensure finger-tight connectivity between the devices.
- Next, grabbing a computer, open any web browser. You can opt for any updated web browser. Also getting the cache, cookies and junk files deleted is preferable to avoid any obstruction while performing the setup process.
- Enter the login web address www.re.nextbox.home in the URL bar. Make sure there are no typos while entering the login address.
- Press Enter to reach the Nextbox extender login window.
- Enter the default login credentials in the corresponding fields. The user manual that you got along the device comes in handy here. Refer to it to get the default login credentials.
- To move further, click on the Login button.
- The Nextbox setup wizard will be displayed.
Finally, to get the extender setup process completed, follow the on-screen prompts.
Congratulations, you have successfully set up your Nextbox N300 wireless extender using the manual method. You can now begin accessing its network on various devices.
Nextbox N300 Wireless-N Extender Setup via WPS Method
The WPS setup method is extremely easy to perform. Hence users mostly prefer this method. However, this method stays valid only for the routers that are WPS enabled. Here are the steps to get your Nextbox N300 wireless extender setup done using the WPS method:
- Power on your Nextbox WiFi range extender by plugging it into an active power source.
- Once the LEDs get settled, establish a wired connection between the Nextbox range extender and the router using an Ethernet cable. Ensure a secure connection between both devices.
- Now, locate the WPS button on your Nextbox N300 range extender and push it.
- Next, look for the WPS button on the router as well and push it.
This completes the extender setup process using the WPS method.As soon as the setup gets done, relocate your Nextbox N300 extender. For this, you need to make a wireless connection between the extender and the router first. The placement plays a vital role to receive an optimum signal from the WiFi device. We have enlisted a few points that need your consideration prior to shifting your extender:
Basic Extender Placement Rules
- The very basic thing that you need to check is that you are placing the extender within the range of the router network.
- Prefer a higher location to place your extender. The radio waves generated by devices generally move downwards and not upwards. So, placing it at a higher location will make sure that the devices can have better access to its network.
- Do not place your Nextbox WiFi extender in a corner or enclosed area.
- Avoid placing it behind the cupboards or behind any furniture.
- Do not choose attics or basements to place the extender.
- Make sure that you opt for an open and central area to place the wireless extender.
This is all about how to get the Nextbox N300 Wireless-N Extender setup done. If you face any trouble while executing the setup process, then consider getting in touch with our technical expert team to get the issue fixed in a matter of minutes.