I Forgot Wireless N Repeater Password. How to Recover It?
So, you have forgotten the password of your Wireless-N repeater? Do you want to recover it? If yes, then you must go through this post once. Here, we have mentioned the easy process following which you will surely able to recover the lost or forgotten Wireless N WiFi repeater default password in a flash.
Also, further in this post, we have shed lights on the instructions to change the Wireless-N repeater login password in a jiffy. Hence, continue reading this post.
Recover Wireless N Repeater Password
To recover the password of your Wireless-N repeater, you have to perform Wireless N WiFi repeater password reset. And, for resetting the repeater, you can try applying the steps highlighted below:
- First of all, ensure to put the repeater on a steady power. And, also you must have a quick nudge at the repeater’s wall socket and be certain about its well working.
- Then, press and hold the reset button on your Wireless-N WiFi repeater for 10-12 seconds.
- Wait for the repeater to restore the factory settings.
In this manner, you can reset easily your extender back to the factory default settings.
Note: Once you are done with resetting your Wireless-N repeater, the password you have lost or forgotten is recovered is also set back to the default one. So, you have to use the default details to login to the repeater and set it up.
Re-Setup Required and Reset
Now, what you have to do – visit the 192.168.10.1 wifi repeater setup page and configure the device from scratch. Yes, setting up the repeater again after implementing the reset process is the first and foremost things to do. And, if you don’t want to apply the manual method for setting up your Wireless-N WiFi repeater, then straightaway opt for the WPS method. And, in the WPS method, you simply have to press the WPS button on your Wireless-N repeater and then on your router. Doing so will reconfigure your repeater in a flash by using the WPS method.
Now that your Wireless-N repeater is reconfigured, you can log in to it using the default credentials and change the existing (default) password right away.
Change Wireless N Repeater Password
The instructions to change the Recover Wireless N repeater password are highlighted below:
- Ensuring a steady power supply to the WiFi repeater, connect it to your PC or laptop using a wireless source. You can also wire them using an Ethernet cable. How? Insert one end of the cable into your repeater and other end into your laptop or desktop.
- Open a web browser of your choice. But, wait! Before you put the web browser in use, ensure that it is up-to-date and isn’t loaded with cache, junk files, and browsing history.
- Input 192.168.10.1 IP either in the search bar of address bar of the internet browser and press the Enter key. Bear in mind, the IP address will not work for you if there are any sort of typing errors in it. To prevent this, just cross-check the IP address entrée.
- Now, you will have access to the Wireless-N repeater login page.
- Open the repeater’s Wireless section and change the password. In addition to that, we suggest you set a unique and strong password for your repeater, including lower case, upper case, symbols, and special characters.
- Once you are done creating a hard-to-crack Wireless N repeater password, save the changes right away.
Thus, these were the simple instructions that will help you change the Wireless-N WiFi repeater password.
Wireless-N repeater is really a great device that everyone should consider in today’s techno-digital era. This device provides its users a super-fast internet to access on their client devices. But, 9 out of 10 users face the issue of forgetting the Wireless N repeater password. If you are one of them too, then this post and the instructions provided here might have helped you already.
On the off chance, you need more information about how to recover the Wireless-N WiFi repeater login password or the instructions to change it, we suggest you refer to its manual.