Guide to Fix Limited WiFi Connectivity with Victony Extender
Isn’t it annoying when you are watching your favorite movie and the WiFi connection suddenly drops? We can understand what you are struggling with. But, no worries! You have landed on the right post. Here, we have listed some troubleshooting hacks to fix the limited WiFi connectivity issue with your Victony WiFi extender. Keep reading.
Fixed: Limited WiFi Connectivity with Extender
I. Reboot the Extender
Whether you are facing WiFi repeater setup problems or any other issue, rebooting is one of the most versatile troubleshooting hacks. So, without giving a second thought, reboot your Victony WiFi extender. In case you don’t know the correct procedure to reboot your Victony WiFi extender, give a quick read to the steps mentioned below:
- Switch off your Victony repeater.
- Unplug your wireless repeater from the wall socket.
- Let the repeater rest for some time.
- Re-plug the repeater into the wall outlet.
- Switch on your Victony extender.
After rebooting the Victony WiFi extender, check if the limited WiFi connectivity issue has been resolved or not. If not, then give the next troubleshooting tip a try.
II. Connect the Extender and Router Properly
Chances are that the connection between your Victony WiFi extender and the host router has become unstable. Therefore, you are required to check it. If you are using a wired connection, then ensure that the Ethernet cable used to connect your devices is not damaged. If it is, get it replaced with a new one to fix the issue. Also, check whether the connection is firm or not. If not, then consider making it finger-tight.
In case you have connected your repeater and router wirelessly, bring them close as too much distance between them can make the communication between them unstable. But, keep in mind to maintain a proper distance. Or, you will soon get involved in more trouble than you are already facing.
III. Update the Victony WiFi extender
An outdated firmware of the Victony WiFi extender can also be the reason behind the limited WiFi connectivity issue. This is because the firmware controls the overall functionality of the repeater. In addition, it protects the repeater from potential threats.
Therefore, get the firmware of your Victony repeater updated as soon as possible. What happened? Don’t know the correct steps to update the Victony WiFi extender firmware? Contact our experts and get their guidance in executing the Victony WiFi extender firmware update process.
IV. Relocate the Repeater
The position of your repeater has very much to do with the performance of your Victony repeater. That is why it is necessary to choose the correct location for the Victony WiFi extender. But, it looks like your repeater is placed at the wrong location due to which you are getting limited WiFi connectivity. So, before you run out of time, change the location of your Victony WiFi extender. Take the help of the instructions given below to select an ideal location for your Victony WiFi extender:
- Place your WiFi extender in a well-ventilated room.
- Avoid selecting a corner for the repeater placement. Select the central location of your home instead. It will ensure the equal distribution of WiFi signals.
- Devices utilizing Bluetooth technology must be kept away from the Victony repeater.
- Do not keep the WiFi extender near smart home appliances like televisions, cellular phones, cameras, watches, etc.
- Placing the repeater near reflexive surfaces and metal objects is also prohibited.
- Above all, keep the extender away from objects containing a large amount of water.
V. Do Not Let the Repeater Overheat
Being a technical device, your Victony repeater will inevitably generate heat. But, if not addressed, it can result in overheating of the repeater dragging you to the limited WiFi connectivity issue. So, prevent the repeater from getting overheated. Here are a few tips that will help you prevent overheating of your WiFi device:
- Turn off your WiFi repeater when not in use.
- Do not expose your Victony WiFi extender to direct sunlight.
- Keep your repeater neat and clean by wiping off the dust accumulated (if available) on its surface.
By following the tips discussed in this post, you might be able to fix limited WiFi connectivity with the Victony WiFi extender. In case you are still facing the problem, contact our experts for instant help.