Beginners Guide to Enable WMM on Victony Repeater
Victony repeaters facilitate their users to prioritize internet traffic for applications depending on their requirements. The feature known as WMM (Wireless Multimedia) helps the repeater to maintain the priority of audio, video, and voice over other tasks that are less time-dependent. It means if you enable WMM on your Wireless-N repeater you will be able to insert applications demanding better throughput and performance in higher priority queues. Confused? Let’s dig deeper.
Why You Should Enable WMM on Repeater?
Audio and video application demands higher frequencies over FTP (File Transfer Protocol) applications. No one can afford delays during a phone conversation. On the other hand, a smooth action needs to be seen in an online video. However, a small delay is acceptable while downloading large files. By enabling WMM on your Wireless-N repeater, you will define voice, video, best effort (medium delay tasks), and background running applications in decreasing order of priority.
Now, read the next section to learn how to enable WMM on your Victony repeater.
Steps to Enable WMM on WiFi Repeater
You can enable WMM on your Wireless-N repeater by accessing its default IP address. Here’s how:
- Connect your Wireless-N repeater to the host router with the help of a functional Ethernet cable.
- Now, plug your WiFi repeater as well as the host router into their nearest wall sockets.
- Once done, get access to a PC.
- As soon as your PC becomes ready for use, run your favorite internet browser.
- Now, head over to the address field.
- Type the Victony repeater 192.168.10.1 IP address into it and press the Enter key.
- The login page of your WiFi repeater will appear prompting you to enter the repeater’s default username and password.
- So, enter the required details and click OK to go ahead.
- The dashboard of the WiFi repeater will welcome you.
- Look for the Advanced Settings tab and click it.
- You will be taken to a page revealing the wireless settings of your Victony repeater.
- Find the WMM option.
- To enable WMM on your Wireless-N repeater, select the Enable button.
- Now, click the Apply button and let the changes come into effect.
- Your repeater will reboot after the completion of the process of enabling the WMM feature.
Note: If you want to use a wireless source, then make sure that your WiFi devices are placed within the range of each other.
This is how you can enable WMM on your Victony repeater and prioritize the internet traffic according to the application’s requirement. Now, you are all set to enjoy a customized high-speed internet connection with your Wireless-N repeater.
Although, enabling the WMM feature on the WiFi repeater is not a daunting task, still some users make mistakes while executing the process. To make sure you are not one of them, keep a few tips in mind.
Tips to Successfully Enable WMM
- Never plug your WiFi devices (WiFi repeater and router) into a non-working wall outlet. If you do so, there will be an insufficient power supply that won’t allow you to enable the WMM feature easily.
- Using a functional Ethernet cable will not be of any use if the connection is not finger-tight. So, take care of the same.
- Yes, we understand that your WiFi devices need to be close in the case of a wireless connection, but you can’t place them too close. It might create a clash in their WiFi signals.
- The PC you have used to enable WMM on the Wireless-N repeater must not contain viruses or malware. Therefore, do not proceed without running a scan on your PC and deleting viruses (if any).
- You should not use an outdated version of the web browser to enable the Wireless Multimedia feature on your WiFi repeater. Apart from this, the web browser’s cache, cookies, and browsing history must also be cleared.
- The default admin details of your Wireless-N repeater need to be entered carefully during login due to their case-sensitive nature. Additionally, avoid using the default login credentials if you have ever changed them. Use the new details instead.
WMM is an amazing feature that every Victony repeater owner should enable. Here’s to hope that the steps and tips discussed above will help you enable WMM on your Wireless-N repeater in a hassle-free way. Just in case, you are still unable to get the feature enabled, reach out to our tech team for instant help.